Saturday, September 14, 2019

Harrogate Cheap Eats: Santar Deli




Santar Deli is on King's Road just along the street from our house. When it opened up I was delighted to find out it was a Portuguese deli selling all kinds of deliciousness from Portugal, Spain, Italy and other European countries. I've been in many times to buy their pastéis de nata and chocolate cannoli among many other things. We've never been in for lunch though so decided it was time to give their sandwiches a try!


After looking at their sandwich menu I decided to try the Bifana sandwich and JD picked the Prego sandwich. Mine was £5 and JD's was £6.80. So I added a Lemon San Pellegrino and custard tart too. Still under the £15 budget!


My sandwich was delicious. The pork was tender and spiced. I'm not exactly sure what with but I got a lemony flavour somewhere. I enjoyed it anyway. The custard tart was delicious as always. A very nice lunch. One of my favourite things about the lunch was the plates. I really like the style of them. JD's sandwich was steak which he also enjoyed. There were plenty of other appealing sounding sandwiches on offer too as well as quiches, pastries and intriguing looking brioche sandwiches with mozzarella tomato fillings. I'll be going back to try one of those next.

So, if you want a tasty sandwich or a delicious Portuguese pastry Santar Deli is the place to go!

Previously on Harrogate Cheap Eats:
 

Cafe M

Harrogate Grill & Pizza

Nutrition Joe's

Tak Yan

Drakes Fish & Chips

I Am Doner

Cafe Rita

Palm Court Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button