Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Trying New Crafts 1/5 - Pebble Painting




This year I've set myself a goal of trying 5 new crafts. I really like making things but there's so many things I've never tried. So here I am in April thinking 'oh shit, I'd better get started on this!' I was given this book at Christmas as I'd planned ahead and put it on my Amazon wishlist.

I'd also planned ahead and collected these stones from our last beach trip. I keep them in this classy broken cardboard box. 😂


Armed with some paint markers I took some ideas from the book and started painting. These were my first two tries.


I kept going and quite enjoyed it. The kids were annoyed by me shaking the paint markers to activate the paint but despite that I carried on.

I did quite simple designs at first but after a while I tried more difficult patterns with different colours on top of others. The paint dries quite quickly so you can add other colours on top. I really love this tiny cactus I did.



I love beach pebbles and collecting nice looking ones is always something I do if we visit a beach. It was really nice to use them to paint on. Picking out shapes that would suit certain paintings.


I might finish off some with clear varnish and put them in the garden as decorations.




It was fun to try something new but it's time to move on to my next project which will be felting a Blue Tit. See you next time! 😊





No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button