Saturday, September 19, 2020

Making Face Masks


I finally got around to making some face masks this month. Erin is starting an apprenticeship soon and I wanted her to have a few to choose from so they can be washed in between using. I bought some black elastic from eBay and used some material I already had.

I found this great instructional video on YouTube (credit to 5 Minute Rhythmic Ideas):


I didn't use a sewing machine for mine, I just hand stitched them since it's not a massive amount of sewing. They look like a straight rectangle but the pleats in them fold out to make them big enough to properly cover your nose and mouth easily. I had to adjust the elastic length a little as it was a bit short.


I'm really pleased with how they turned out. It's such a great pattern which makes a very comfy mask. I was pleased to use up some cute material I had too. I love this Russian doll one!


I made purple spotty ones, red heart ones and little sheep ones. We've got around 7 or 8 now so Erin has plenty to choose from.


Have a try yourself. It's a simple make and very satisfying to be able to make your own masks. I need some cute owl or skull material now for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button