Saturday, October 10, 2020

Subscription Box Review - Snack Surprise

 


When I heard about Snack Surprise I knew I had to try it. It's right up my street as they send you snacks from a different country every month. I signed up for a 3 month subscription of their medium box (they also do a mini and premium box).


You can check out the options here. My first two boxes were from Greece and France but I'm going to share my third box, which is from Sweden.


Each box arrives with a small booklet telling you information about the country and what's in your box. The medium box has 10+ items and my box had 12 snacks.


My favourite was the Delicatoboll, a delicious chocolate ball with a mocha flavour rolled up in coconut. It was soft like a huge truffle inside with a lovely chocolate flavour. I really liked it.


I also really liked the Dumle Snacks, a chocolate bar with caramel in the centre and covered in crispy rice. Yum!


Each medium box contains a drink and this time it was an apple and orange combo soda. It's been popular in Sweden since the 50s apparently. I enjoyed it.


There were lots of other snacks too. Cheez doodles, dill crisps, wasa sandwich crispbreads, dubbel nougat (I ate that before I managed to get a picture!), some weird looking (and tasting!!) salty candy shaped like monkeys and much more.

It's nice to get a surprise box of snacks once a month and interesting to see what's popular in other countries. I've enjoyed my 3 month subscription but it's not the healthiest of ways to spend your money. It would make a nice gift for someone though.

The medium box comes in at £12.99 which is reasonable value to have 12 snacks from different countries collected together and delivered to your door. 

Overall it's a nice treat to try snacks I wouldn't normally have and if that's your thing, then I bet you'd enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button