Thursday, September 7, 2017

Burger That! 4: Sticky Lemongrass burger



This recipe looks interesting. I love fusion food and this is a great example. It's a perfect meal for JD and I to have while the kids are away at their Dad's. I do all the prep, making up the burgers and then relax while JD cooks them in the frying pan. I don't have the patience to cook something that needs constant watching, if it was left to me we'd eat things before they were fully cooked and suffer from food poisoning. Luckily JD is on hand to save us from that!

The burger is made up of chicken mince mixed with spring onions, lemongrass puree, ginger and garlic. Formed into patties and then cooked for 4 minutes on each side.


Then to make it sticky you mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, water and sugar to make a syrupy sauce. Pour it over the burgers and cook covered for a further 3 minutes. Serve in a bread buns with cucumber sticks and lime wedges on the side.


I really liked the sticky glaze on the burgers. It worked perfectly and gave the meat a lovely Asian flavour. Squeezing lime over the burger before you eat it adds a subtle sour tang which I also liked. Very nice!

Ratings: JD -3, Emma - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button