Saturday, September 22, 2018

Vegetable Update Part 3




Five more vegetable recipes coming your way!

Hasselback Potatoes


I really like these, they're crispy along the top and soft along the bottom. The butter and salt gets into the sliced parts for a really delicious bite. They're a bit fiddly to make and I sliced through several potatoes trying to make them (which still taste good but don't make the picture).

Spicy Southern Hot Corn


This recipe turns sweetcorn into a creamy corn creation. It's quite spicy due to the addition of hot sauce but the cream cheese in there helps even things out. Love it!

Sweet Potato Mac N Cheese


It's annoying when a recipe is called something it's not. This isn't mac n cheese of any kind, there's no macaroni!! It's sweet potato cheese at best, which sounds good on it's own. It's like some lame diet version of a recipe trying to make you feel like you can still eat your favourite foods. Guess what, you can...just eat the food anyway. I digress. This sweet potato in a cheese sauce is pretty delicious. Of course it is, one delicious food coated in another delicious food. Win.

Scalloped Potatoes


I'd never tried these before as they always seem a lot of work. JD made them and I really liked them.

Brussel Sprout Gratin


The amount of sprouts I had for this recipe fell short so I had to add in some cubed sweet potato. It was a really nice side dish. Brussels sprouts are under-appreciated.

I've just noticed the vegetable dishes in this update are mostly cheese sauce, potato or potato AND cheese sauce. My bad! I'll have to try better next time at finding some healthier veg recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button