Saturday, January 25, 2020

Burger It 33: Black Bean Burger



January 2020 and continuing with my series of different burgers and working my up to the goal of 40, so getting close!

I'm always a little suspicious of a non-meat burger. I like vegetables and beans well enough but when I eat a burger I want meat. We've had success in the past making black bean burgers so I'm going to give this recipe a fair chance.

We're using Jamie Oliver's recipe if you want to make it yourself.

The thing we usually dislike about veggie burgers are they're too soft. I prefer a soft bread bun and a firm burger to bite.


These black bean burgers were pretty firm actually. They cooked fine and held together well in the pan. They were a bit on the dry side which can be remedied by adding some mayo and the taste was a little bland. But overall I enjoyed them. It's nice to eat a burger that's a bit healthier and not going to have a grisly bit of meat in it. I liked the addition of melted mozzarella on the top too.

Ratings: JD- 2, Emma - 3 and Val - 4 (Erin wouldn't toch it with a barge pole!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button