Sunday, June 25, 2017

No-Sugar Month Finishes

We made it, one month with no sugar! It was easier than I thought it would be. The only problem being that the food was a little repetitive at times. The only dessert type food we ate was a brand of yoghurt we found that had no added sugar. I ate it with some lower sugar fruits and it was nice to be having a dessert sometimes.

Mostly we ate meals based on meat and vegetables.

Chilli with extra vegetables added

 
Meatballs with sweet potato and kale

Beef stew and dumplings

Stamppot

For lunch we generally had a salad with meat and cheese. 

Gammon salad
Sometimes we had a collection of foods such as avocado, cheese, ham, sun-dried tomatoes, hot dogs, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, carrot, hummus etc.


We always ate plenty so we wouldn't get hungry and be tempted to eat something sugary. And it worked, we both enjoyed the food we ate and didn't particularly miss foods we'd cut out.

After the month I definitely feel like I have more energy and I want to keep eating a fairly low sugar diet. It's nice to feel like you're giving your body good foods. It's really stisfying.

I did miss baking, it's something I get pleasure from, making something sweet that everyone enjoys. I'll probably go back to making the occasional treat but do it less often than I used to and try to find some lower sugar treats for us.

But overall it was a good experience, I'm glad we did it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button