Monday, June 19, 2017

Playing Silly Burgers 1: Indian Spiced Burger




I've got a new book. 40 burgers! Even though the book's tagline claims "The exciting varieties are endless". Hehe!

The travesties don't stop there! Despite it's claims, this recipe book only includes 31 burger recipes. The remaining recipes are for fries, coleslaw etc. I'm still going to do 40 burgers though, I'll just scour the internet for 9 more recipes. 31 burgers isn't a nice round number of burgers to make.

So here we go with the first of many burgers we'll be making and eating.

Indian Spiced Burger 

    

Lamb mince spiced with garam masala, tumeric, mustard seeds, and chili. Served between mini naan breads.


Saute the onions with the spices.


Mix together the meat, onions, breadcrumbs and an egg.


Form into patties and cook.



We ate ours sandwiched between two homemade mini naan breads (since we're still not eating sugar and shop bought ones have sugar in). The burgers were really good, nicely spiced and really tasty. I'm not sure I've had lamb burgers before but I'd have them again. They weren't as aesthetically pleasing as most burgers I've had but the taste made up for that.

Ratings: JD -3, Emma - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button