Saturday, May 11, 2019

Harrogate Cheap Eats - I Am Doner




I Am Doner resides at 30 Station Parade just opposite the bus station. I'd been keen to try it ever since it opened because I'd heard good things from a few people. JD and I visited one lunchtime to check out their menu.

It's the perfect Cheap Eats place, currently everything on the menu is under £7. Berlin Doners, Salad Boxes, Rice Boxes and Street Cart Fries. It all sounds delicious too!

JD and I both opted for the House Special Berlin Doner Kebab. (£6.95) "Chicken, doner, falafel and grilled halloumi with tomato, feta, onion ,carrot, coriander, pickled pink cabbage and roasted vegetables, all drizzled in chilli, mint, garlic sauce". The guy serving us asked if we wanted all the sauces so we tried it all.

There is a small eating area with stools and a counter but we chose to take our kebabs and walk up to the benches near the Queen Victoria statue.


THE KEBAB WAS AMAZING!! Christ, it was the best kebab I've ever eaten. With an almost perfect balance of meat to veg to sauce going on. But it didn't even seem like eating a kebab because it was so good. I do love a kebab but it's more of a guilty pleasure usually. This kebab was quality. Quality ingredients, quality meat, quality sauce. I loved it. I can't wait to try more of their menu.


I love their philosophy of providing quality kebabs. Viva la revolution! The founder Paul Baron has obviously put a lot of thought and work into making the perfect kebab. If you're not already convinced by my enthusiasm then consider that 10p of every sale goes to a local cause and that all their packaging is 100% plastic free. Great work, I Am Doner.

Seriously, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.


Previously on Harrogate Cheap Eats:

Cafe Rita

Palm Court Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button