Saturday, March 20, 2021

N is for North Yorkshire

 

Carrying on with my A-Z Blogging Challenge, I find myself on N and the first thing that comes to mind is the place I live. North Yorkshire!

The countryside is beautiful, folk are friendly and I'm proud to be a Yorkshire lass. I've got my favourite places to visit in North Yorkshire so here's a list of my favourites.

Whitby



A boat trip, a walk on the beach and some fish & chips at Whitby might be my perfect day. It's a great place to visit any time of year.

Malham Cove



It's a lovely walk from the car-park to this limestone formation and then if you want to, lots of steps up to the limestone pavement above. A more circular walk will take you past Malham Tarn. Gorgeous countryside!

Brimham Rocks



We've been coming to Brimham Rocks for a walk since I was a little kid. I love this picture JD took of my Dad leading an expedition through the rocks with me, Val and Erin following him. It's a great place for climbing, walking, hiding and general exploring fun. Plus they sell ice cream!

Bolton Abbey



A great place for a summer picnic and a walk. We did a Treasure Trail here and it was a lovely day out. The stepping stones are fun and there are lots of trails along the river and nearby woods.

Knaresborough




I always love a visit to Knaresborough. An ice cream on the benches in the Castle Yard with a view of the viaduct and then a walk down the steps to the waterside to feed the ducks. We also love the Conyngham Hall side of the Nidd too for paddling in the river, jam-jar fishing, kayaking or swimming. My Dad was born in Knaresborough and one of the nicest walks we had was when my Dad acted as guide telling us the history of everywhere we passed. Good memories!

Studley Royal Deer Park



A lovely place to observe animals in the wild while out for a walk. Hundreds of deer, rabbits, pheasants, squirrels and more. The park is well maintained and includes the water park too where you can feed the ducks, geese, swans etc. 

Armscliffe Crag




A place close to my heart is Almscliffe Crag. We climbed to the top and Dad got some great shots of his beloved Red Kites. It's a lovely place for a walk as the views are amazing when you get to the top. You can take a short-cut going straight up or meander round on a more leisurely ascent. Be careful though, someone got stuck halfway up last week and had to be rescued by firemen!

Pateley Bridge



More lovely countryside than you can shake a stick at! Gorgeous walks, lovely little shops and reservoirs to walk around. It's a lovely little place to visit and even the drive there is ridiculously scenic. Love it!

There's lots of places in North Yorkshire I could've mentioned but these are my personal favourites. Just seeing the countryside around here makes me feel happy. I love seeing sheep, dry stone walls, hills, trees and fields wherever you look. I feel lucky to live here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button