Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 18: Mac 'n Cheese

I'm too tired to write this blog post really but I'm going to do it anyway. I blame JD, he's been forcing me to play Hasbro family games on the Xbox! Woo Sorry :D

This week's sandwich is macaroni cheese in a sandwich. I'm not sure what I think about this. I love mac n cheese but I've learnt that that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be great in a sandwich. So let's try it and see.

Ingredients: Sour dough bread, cheese, milk, ham, flour, macaroni and butter.

Make up macaroni cheese as you usually would. Boil the macaroni while making a cheese sauce of the butter, flour, milk and cheese. We added a bit of gammon to ours as we didn't have any ham.

Cut the sour dough bread and fill with mac n cheese. Melt some butter in a frying pan and put the sandwiches in the pan. The instructions said to put another pan on top to keep it pressed down.


I must admit they make quite good looking sandwiches.


 I always seem to make too much macaroni cheese when I make it so we ate the surplus not in the sandwiches too :)


The fried bread around the moist macaroni cheese was a nice taste. The sauce soaked into the bread though which made the sandwich a bit on the dry side. Macaroni cheese is nice enough in a sandwich but I prefer it in a bowl on it's own. One of the best things about this recipe was having gammon in the macaroni, it was fantastic and the salty flavour went great with the creamy cheese sauce.

Ratings: JD - 2/5 Emma 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button