Sunday, June 8, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 19: Philly Cheesesteak

These sandwiches always looks great. They seem easy to make too so I'm looking forward to trying them. Originally from Philadelphia in the US and created by brothers Pat and Harry Oliveri this meaty sandwich is really popular stateside.

Ingredients: onion, bell pepper, garlic, steak, cheese, sub roll, salt and pepper.

Saute the onion, bell pepper and a garlic clove.


Remove them from the pan, cook the steak and return the vegetables.


 Stir in some cheese until it's melted then season with salt and pepper. Fill your sub roll with the pan's contents.


This sandwich did look great but the taste didn't quite live up to the hype. I really enjoyed the soft onions and how peppery the steak tasted. The sub rolls were fantastic too. Chewing the steak made my jaw ache after a while which detracted from my enjoyment of the sandwich. JD recommends you go heavy on the pepper if you make this because peppery steak is really the best part of it. We only had mozzarella to use when really a tastier cheese would've been much better. Maybe next time :)

Ratings: JD - 3/5, Emma - 3/5


Life Skills

Recently I saw a quiz on Facebook testing how many life skills you had. I filled it out and had about 60/100 which was respectable. I was let down by my lack of car knowledge! I disagreed with whether a few things were needed but most of them were good ranging from old fashioned skills like darning a sock to more modern ones like setting up a router.

I've mentioned on here before how I want the kids to be independent and know how to do things for themselves but as I looked through the list I noticed how many basic things they have no idea how to do.

So!

Coming soon to a blog near you (this blog in fact) will be an attempt to educate Leigh and Erin on doing a few basic tasks like sewing on a button or making a good cup of tea :D

Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button