Thursday, January 4, 2018

Smoothies: Cocoa and Oat




I'm quite the fan of smoothies. Especially after exercising as an easy way to replace electrolytes. JD got me a smoothie maker for Christmas so I'm going to try up my smoothie game by making a few new recipes in it.

First up is a Cocoa and Oat Smoothie

Ingredients:

3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup oats
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 banana
1 dash cinnamon

Put it all in your smoothie maker (or blender) and blitz until smooth (usually only a few seconds).


I have a very limited repertoire of smoothie recipes so it was nice to try something new. I felt suspicious that the oats would be chewy but they just added a nice thickness to the whole drink.  It had a sweetness from the honey but wasn't too sweet. A success!

Oats have a fibre called beta-glucan in them that helps lower your bad cholesterol and cocoa is a great ingredient to use in January as it has anti-depressant qualities. I don't need help feeling good in January because it's my birthday month!


But I was thinking of you guys. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button