Saturday, December 8, 2018

Burger Off 18: The Burger Dog



Who knew there was such a thing as a burger/hot dog crossover? Also, why didn't you tell me? Anyway, now I know and I'm about to make them. Yay :)

It's basically a hot dog shaped cheeseburger in a hot dog bun. O_o


Make up some sausage shaped burgers using minced beef, salt and pepper. Also onion if you live in a house where everyone will eat it. I suggest making them longer than I did because they shrink a lot during cooking. Fry them until done in a pan, using the lid to steam them a bit for the last 5 minutes.


Place in a cut hot dog bun and top with a slice of cheese plus whatever condiments you like on your burger dog. Ours were a bit small for the bun due to the shrinkage but we'll master it next time!

We were really impressed with these. I know it's just a burger shaped differently in a hot dog bun but it's a really convenient way to eat a cheeseburger. We've already made plans to make them again with different toppings. Also chilli burger dogs!!!

Ratings: Emma - 4, JD - 3.5 and Leigh -4

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button