Saturday, December 1, 2018

It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Christmas



I'm usually one of the more laid back Christmas people. I steadily get presents bought and leave it until at least two weeks into December to put up the tree. This year I'm starting to get in the Christmas mood already...and it's only December 1st!

I've just finished making an Advent Calendar for the kids (I feel like I'm going to refer to them as 'the kids' forever and Leigh is 18 now). You're never too old to enjoy a daily dose of chocolate anyway.



I bought a pack of 24 little boxes from Amazon. the kind that you might get a necklace in. Then used my Sharpies to put a date on them all and then duct taped them all to the back door in the shape of a Christmas tree. Now they can be filled with chocolates or whatever else I like. Mostly chocolate!


There was a spare one which is a bit awkward and since I put them up they've been steadily falling off because the door gets really cold. Still, I do enjoy a homemade thing however crappy it may be. Erin was very impressed with a Kinder Snowman in the first box this morning, so it's already worth it. :D


A trip to Aldi this afternoon brought us these beauties. Salted Caramel Mince Pies, it's the stuff dreams are made of. They've already been eaten. It's officially Christmas now!



Next Friday is my work Christmas Party. Sunday is a festive present swap with my sisters. Monday is Secret Santa day at work. I have to admit, I'm excited!!!

What Christmas plans do you have? Are you feeling it yet?






No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button