Saturday, January 19, 2019

Burger It 21: The Kimchi Burger




Kimchi is a Korean food made of fermented cabbage and Korean radish. It's supposedly strong tasting and quite sour but I'm still keen to give it a try! I bought this jar from Amazon for about £4.


I wanted a quick and easy burger this time so I just bought some burgers ready to grill. While they were cooking I warmed up the kimchi in a pan. I also made some spicy mayo by mixing 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.


Spread the spicy mayo on the bottom half of the bread bun, add the cooked burger and top with kimchi.



I was worried the sour kimchi and spicy mayo would be too much together but I really liked this burger. It was so flavourful. Kimchi is spicy and sour at the same time but in a lovely mouth-warming way. It went great with the meaty burgers. Now we've got half a jar of Kimchi to use up

Ratings: JD - 3, Emma - 4

Coming next - Juicy Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button