Saturday, January 12, 2019

Subscription Box Review: The Honestly Good Smoothie Company





When I discovered this company I was excited to try out their subscription service. Frozen smoothie packs ready to blend delivered to your door. Sounds great to me. I picked a box to come the following Saturday with 5 smoothie packs. The best part is you don't pick which ones come, it's a surprise! Usually £27 a month, I got my box discounted to £14 through the Earth Miles app.



It was delivered in a 1 hour slot by DPD. Packed in a sturdy box with dry ice and wool packaging to keep it cold.





My smoothies all had intriguing names. The Bee-nefit One, The Almond Tart, Good Morning Sunshine, The Christmas One and The South American One. I'm really curious to find out what ingredients they have in them.



On Sunday morning I was ready to try one and I had to pick Good Morning Sunshine on this cold, miserable January day. Organic ready to blend banana & strawberry with jumbo oats, sunflower seeds, almonds and flaxseed. You just tip everything into the blender including the contents of the little pouch. Add 1 cup of liquid (I added milk) and blend.

 

It was nice! Colder than my usual smoothies because everything was frozen this time. I usually only add frozen berries. It was like drinking slightly melted ice cream with chopped nuts in. It was great to just take it out of the freezer and make it. Especially all the seeds which would be time consuming to get a little bit out of several packets. The only problem for me was using my Breville blender made it tricky. The smoothie ingredients were a bit reluctant to blend, maybe because they were all frozen and stuck together. It might be easier in a bigger blender.


Next I tried The South American One. Pineapple, broccoli, cucumber & blueberry smoothie with chia seeds, macqui berry and camu camu. I don't even know what camu camu is! Apparently a berry with antioxidant properties. We're learning together here. I let the ingredients thaw a little before I blended them this time but nope, they still got jammed in the blender bottle. Bah! I managed to get it out and blended but it was a hassle.

It was another nice smoothie but not as nice as the ones I make myself. I'm probably just used to the ones I've been having all year with all my favourite ingredients. It's nice to try some new flavours anyway.

Sadly, this subscription isn't for me. It wasn't really working with my blender and all the convenience of having the ingredients pre-chopped was lost in having to un-clog every time. Oh well. I'll just have to go back to peeling and chopping my own bananas. Haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button