Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 10 - Lox and Cream Cheese Bagel

It is said that the ringed shape of the bagel represents the circle of life and lox represents the saltiness of tears...nice cheerful sandwich for this week then!

I've always felt a bit suspicious of smoked salmon and haven't had it for years. I feel worried I won't like the texture of it. JD was brave about the banana last week though so I'll have to give it a go :(

Ingredients: Bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon

My recipe says you can add capers or red onion if you like.


Halve and toast the bagels.


Let cool slightly then add the cream cheese and salmon. We also opted for red onion.


Top with the other half of the bagel and eat.

I enjoyed it...kind of. The whole sandwich had a nice taste and I couldn't distinguish the salmon's texture when eating it whole. The red onion added a nice crunch. JD said it was nice but weird which sums it up really. I can think of plenty of fillings I'd prefer in a bagel but mostly I like them best just toasted with butter. Maybe I'm just not posh enough to appreciate smoked salmon :)

Ratings: JD - 2/5 Emma - 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button