Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 30: The Club Sandwich

This sandwich is said to have been invented by a hungry gentleman forced to make his own food because his cooks had retired to bed. He stuffed whatever leftovers he could find between two slices of toast which his club later adopted as their specialty.

There are lots of variations but the main ingredients are chicken, bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato. I'm not sure I'll enjoy this one because our recipe includes avocado, tomato and is topped with an olive...all things I'm not too keen on.

Here's a recipe if you want to try it yourself ---> Club Sandwich Recipe


 Preparation of the dreaded ingredients :D





The best thing about this sandwich was how great everything looked layered up in the side view. The toothpick holds it all together nicely so you can eat it. I really enjoyed the combined flavours of the filling. Even though certain elements of it (I'll mention no names) aren't my favourite I still thought the whole sandwich was delicious. And that's why sandwiches are so great, they make a new taste by teaming up different foods together. It's what also make trying new sandwiches so interesting, you never know what they'll be like. Anyway, I'm happy to report the club sandwich is pretty nice and we both enjoyed it.

Ratings: JD - 4, Emma - 4

Coming up next week - Katsu Sando

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button