Saturday, July 25, 2020

5 MORE Alternatives to Pepperoni Pizza




Another 5 pepperoni pizza-like recipes I've found so I can enjoy some variety while the kids get their pizza fix. It's impressive how many recipes there are out there for similar food.


Pizza Stromboli

I adapted the recipe I make from one I saw on Tasty but this one is pretty much it.




It's much more delicious than it looks here. It's full of melted cheese and pepperoni oil making it all tasty and pizza-ry. Again, we sometimes have it with marinara sauce to dip the crusty bit in.



Frying Pan Pizza

Ok, this is definitely just a pepperoni pizza but it's cooked in a different way so it counts as a variety because I'm the one making it and a change of method is good enough!


Everyone really enjoyed this pizza. The pizza base had a nice crunchy texture to it. I used a lid to help the cheese melt a bit but it works really well. I'd still prefer to bake a pizza but if you only had a hob you could whip up a tasty pizza if needed.


Pizza Braid

This pizza braid is a great alternative to pizza. Puff pastry filled with tomato puree, mozzarella and pepperoni. So easy to put together with ready-made pastry and tastes great. We all enjoyed it a lot.




No Yeast Pizza

During these lockdown times, yeast has been hard to get hold of so I've had to experiment with pizza without yeast. It worked out really well, it was just more like a flatbread style pizza.


We all really enjoyed it but missed our usual yeasty pizza with it's huge crusts. Still, it's good to have this no yeast alternative in my repertoire for times when there just isn't yeast to be had.



These are a cute alternatives for regular pizza. Using a muffin tray to make individual cups. This would be great for little kids to make so they could choose their own toppings. We all had slightly different ingredients too because JD is the only one who likes olives on pizza.

Bonus - Chocolate Pizza

There's no recipe for this one. JD made a more biscuity pizza dough with added cocoa powder. He rolled it thin and spread chocolate ganache on the top along with chopped chocolate and flaked almonds. When it was baked it turned out pretty good.


That's all from the extra pizza recipes, I think I've got enough recipes in my arsenal to keep things diverse from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button