Saturday, January 23, 2021

A to Z Blogging Challenge: L is for Laughter

 


Let's be honest, we could all use a good laugh right now. It's never been more important to try see the lighter side of life when you can. It might feel like there's not much to laugh about right now but laughter has lots of benefits and you could consider it as self-care when you're feeling stressed.

"Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh."


These are a few ways I try to get a few laughs when I'm feeling stressed:

Podcasts


My favourite one at the moment is Off menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster. They mostly have other comedians as guests so it's invariably funny enough to make me laugh out loud. Plus the topic is food which we all know is my thing. My favourite episode was the one with Richard Herring, who is hilarious!



There are so many podcasts now that you're sure to find something you like.


The above list has Erin's favourite podcast My Brother, My Brother and Me which she says is brilliant.


TV Shows

JD and I have been watching a few shows lately that have brought the laughs. 


Rick & Morty, a fantastic show where you can tell the writers really enjoy themselves with the ridiculous situations and characters. We love it!


Man Down, a comedy sitcom with the wonderful Greg Davies. The first season even has legendary Rik Mayall as his Dad. Silly but very funny sitcom antics.


Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun, we gave this sketch show a try when we saw it trending on Netflix and we weren't disappointed. Lots of weird but funny songs and situations from these three guys sharing a house. Worth a watch to see if it's your kind of funny.


Stand-Up Comedy


We'll often search Netflix for some stand-up comedy if we feel in need of a laugh and these three have made us laugh out loud. 


Kevin Hart Irresponsible had me crying laughing, it's so funny. I'd never seen any of his comedy before this but it got me good.


Bo Burnham Make Happy is funny but also gets you feeling things too. Anything by Bo Burnham is great but this is my favourite of his, especially the Kanye style light show rant at the end.


Greg Davies, a man of many talents, not only a sitcom genius but a stand-up marvel too. You Magnificent Beast is hilarious, loved it.


Films


This is a difficult one as there are so many styles of comedy film. I'm quite picky about my comedy films but here are some I've enjoyed laughing out loud at.





So, whatever you find funny, try and find time to seek out some laughs. You'll feel better for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button