Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy New Year and a Learning Recap

 


It's the end of 2020 at last and I've come to the end of my Year of Learning. In January 2020 I started learning something different every month and it turned out I picked a good year to start because with the lockdowns and being made redundant, I had plenty of time for each activity. 


I've really enjoyed trying some new things and making time for learning skills I've always wanted to. Out of 12 activities there were only 2 I didn't really enjoy. The crochet and the dressmaking, I found it hard to bring myself to spend time doing both activities and came to the conclusion that they just weren't for me. But now I know that and I can stop thinking I want to try them out...I don't!


My favourite thing I learned about was my Family Tree, it was interesting to learn more about my Dad's ancestors and travel to Hull to find some gravestones of Beadles.


One of the best things about learning all these things has been that now they don't clutter up my mind (or cupboard), there's been things I've been mentally holding on to for years thinking I'd one day do them. Now I have, or at least tried them, so I can let go of them all. 


Problem with that is that new things take their place, there's always something to try or do! I want to try learning the ukulele and making chocolates and several other things. 


The thing I'm most proud of was writing a book during November. I've been meaning to write a book for years but always felt I didn't have enough time to commit to it. Now I've written a book and it only took 30 days! It may never see the light of day though as I now have the tedious task of editing it, haha!


If there's something you've always wanted to have a go at I thoroughly recommend going for it. You might love it or hate it but trying something something new (in my opinion) is what life is all about.

Happy New Year, I hope it's healthy, happy and full of new experiences. :)


A Year of Learning:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button