Saturday, January 30, 2021

Slow Cooker Favourites - Lasagne

 


Lasagne is one of my favourite dishes but it always feels a bit faffy to be making around tea-time. Making lasagne from scratch involves 2-3 pans and enough effort to put me off making it. A good compromise is this slow cooker recipe which makes things much easier with ready made sauces and just one pan.


Ingredients:

500g mince (any but I'm using turkey this time)

1 onion

1 box of passata

1 jar of white lasagne sauce

1 packet fresh lasagne sheets

250g grated cheddar

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano


Sauté the chopped onion in a frying pan, adding the mince after a few minutes. Continue to cook both until the mince is cooked and the onion is soft. Drain the mince and stir in the passata.


 Spray some oil on the bottom of your slow cooker bowl. Start layering up the lasagne with mince/tomato on the bottom followed by a lasagne sheet then white sauce and cheese.

Keep going, I usually get 3 layers of everything finishing with a bit extra cheese on top and a sprinkling of oregano.

Put the slow cooker lid on and leave to cook on HIGH for 3 hours. Then switch it to LOW for the last hour.

We had ours with some garlic bread and very nice it was too!

I don't know what it is about lockdown but I often feel more tired at teatime now than when I used to be working all day. I much prefer to get the cooking out of the way in the morning (or early afternoon with this recipe) and then come back at teatime to a meal ready to go. Then it's just a case of doing the dishes and it's time to relax on the sofa. I'm always on the look out for a good slow cooker recipe so you have any favourites, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button