Thursday, April 26, 2018

Burger It 12: Turkey and Chestnut Burger


I feel unsure about this one, I don't think I like chestnuts that much. I almost got away with not having this burger as I found chestnuts hard to find, I did eventually though so I'll have to give it a try.


Ingredients:

1lb turkey mince
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped chestnuts
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 egg
1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.

Combine everything to make burger patties and then fry in a little oil until cooked.


Top with some brie and grill to melt the cheese then add a spoon of cranberry sauce to the top. Put the burgers in bread buns along with some salad leaves and consume.



These were pretty tasty burgers. I particularly enjoyed the combo of meat, cheese and sauce on this one. JD doesn't really like fruit sauces so he was less keen. The chestnuts added an earthy flavour, almost like mushrooms (yuck) I thought. They were really meaty for turkey burgers. So there were good points and bad points here.

Ratings: JD - 3, Emma - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button