Monday, January 26, 2015

Another Healthy Snack Attempt

This time I decided to try a smoothie out on the kids. I found this recipe for a Chocolate Banana Berry Smoothie.

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons of yoghurt
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of chocolate milk
1/2 cup of water


Blitz in a blender until smooth.



Don't let the picture fool you, these smoothies are impossible to drink through a straw. :D

Me and Leigh really enjoyed our smoothies. They're thick (so thick it's easiest to eat with a spoon), delicious and filling. The frozen blueberries made the whole drink instantly chilled which I really liked. Chocolate and blueberry blend nicely together to make for a lovely flavour. These smoothies are good for extra fibre intake with (I think I remember right because I can't find the original details) about 10g of fibre per glass.

JD and Erin, on the other hand, really did not enjoy the smoothies. They both tried a tiny spoonful and made faces about it. Oh well, you can't win 'em all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button